Mental Health Vendors Woe Senators with talk of “Reform”. Abuse and Tragedies Portrayed as “Distortions and Misinformation”Print This Post
National Vice President
Congressional Briefings Call for Early Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Children’s Mental Disorders. Mental health proponents use more of the same double talk to make their campaign appear unflawed.
Proponents of the mental health system, including service providers, victims of mental health propaganda, administrators, and benefactors recently targeted senators at a private lobbying seminar this past week. Their latest sales pitch was launched publicly to address what was described as “misinformation” and “distortions,” which they say stem from children’s mental health and its complexity. This latest effort called “The Campaign for Mental Health Reform,” initiated by groups with financial ties to pharmaceutical dollars, comes at a time when considerable negative attention has greatly damaged the core of these pro-mental health group’s.
A series of unfortunate events continue to plague pro-mental health, pro-pharmaceutical groups which they have not been able to extricate themselves from. These events include:
- Within the last six years a growing number of complaints of schools coercing parents to place children onto Controlled Substances in order to remain in school led to school board resolutions, state and federal legislation to ban this serious abuse of mental health.
- Federal lawsuits filed on school coercion matter detailing violations of informed consent rights and denials of a person’s right to refuse psychiatric “treatment.”
- The UK ’s investigation and subsequent ban of SSRI Antidepressants for use in anyone under 18 years due to an increase rate of suicide ideations.
- Media Coverage of Antidepressant Issue does not allow for the FDA to ignore the factual data on suicide link. FOX National News had first exposed this point in November 2002, when confidential documents from GlaxoSmithKline suggested that a patient taking their antidepressant drug Paxil was 8 times more likely to commit suicide then a patient on placebo (sugar pill).
- The FDA’s own investigation and hearings into SSRI Antidepressants in early 2004 brought to light an onslaught of victims of mental health abuse at the hands of doctors and pharmaceutical giants.
- The Pharmaceutical industry was exposed when certain companies were caught deceiving the public by failing to disclose clinical trial data of drug risks and ineffectiveness.
- The FDA member’s ties with Big Pharma companies reveal real conflict of interest discrediting its decision making process.
- Congressional Hearings convened to investigate the matter reveals conflicts of interest, distorted data, discrepancies, and cover-up by pharma and FDA.
- FDA convenes new hearings regarding its further investigation into antidepressants and their link to suicide. More victims of mental health “treatment” driven to suicide and violence come forward in swarms.
- FDA issues Black Box Warnings on all antidepressants spelling out suicide risks.
- Pharmaceutical company’s failure to comply with Black Box Warning advertisement disclosures.
This negative attention comes as a wake up call to the nation that real mental health reform is needed and that this reform needs to be with substance!
Children’s mental health is not a complex topic as proponents of mental health continue to allege. Statements like, “Only 20% of children with mental disorders are identified and receive mental health services, leading to school failure, substance abuse, involvement with the juvenile justice system, and suicide,” are good sound bites that lack provable merit. Sadly these fear tactic catch phrases have been repeated so often that the public has been indoctrinated with what constitutes as no more than unscientific “voodoo.” The mental health industry itself knows that it lacks a proven tracking system to account for such figures.
What is real is the victim’s of mental health abuse continuing to come forward to publicly air their tragedies. This cannot be denied or downplayed. It is neither, complex or subtle. These tragedies occurred as a result of mental health abuse, corruption and deceptive statements. The fact is that many have died from drugs being marketed by the industry in the guise of “treatment.”
It is their blood, the blood of many that lies with an industry driven to profit at all cost. Such is mental health today!
For more information on mental health abuse and reform, antidepressants and their risks, please visit us at www.ablechild.org.