MOTHER WHOSE DAUGHTER DIED DUE TO COERCED PSYCHIATRIC DRUGGING IN SCHOOL, URGES CONGRESS TO INCLUDE ALL PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS IN THE CHILD MEDICATION SAFETY ACT 2003Print This Post
“Shaina looked into my eyes as her life ended and I could do nothing to save her. Believe me, it is a nightmare no parent should ever have to live with.”
Little Shaina Dunkle’s story began in 1999, when her school complained to her mother that Shaina couldn’t stay focused and talked out of turn. The school psychologist stated that she believed Shaina suffered from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and the pressure to drug her child began. Though Vicky Dunkle did not want to drug her daughter, the school pressured her continually by isolating Shaina in the hallway to do her work, and dumping out her desk in front of the class in mock humiliation. “We refused to drug her at first but we finally gave in because Shaina was being made to feel different,” said Mrs. Dunkle.
The Dunkle’s say it was pressure from the school psychologist that made them give in, and Shaina was subsequently diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed the drug Desipramine. Two years later, Mrs, Dunkle held her 10-year-old daughter in her arms as she died. The Coroner ruled the girls death was due to Desipramine toxicity. “Our daughter’s death has not only left us to deal with the guilt of believing in the so-called professional system, but anger that we were not warned properly about the drug side effects,” said Mrs. Dunkle.
“As a parent, I believe that the issue of informed consent is crucial to safeguard not only our parental rights but those rights governing our children’s health and well being. The Child Medication Safety Act of 2003 includes the stimulants that are regularly being forced on parents, but there are many other drugs being pushed on children, including the drug that took my daughter’s life,” says Mrs. Dunkle. “I strongly urge Congress to recognize this and include a broader range of drugs being promoted to parents, as they all have dangerous and even lethal side effects. It’s been two years since my daugter’s death, yet I relive those last few minutes of her life every day. If I had listened to my heart instead of the advice of the school and the so-called professionals who thought they knew my daughter better than I did, my precious Shaina would be alive now.”
For more information on the Child Medication Safety Act 2003, click here
Vicky Dunkle is Vice President of Parents for Label and Drug Free Education in the State of Pennsylvania. She speaks out against the issue of coercion to drug children in our public schools. She continues to demand accountability and informed consent rights regarding the subjective diagnosis ADHD and drug “treatment”.